Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Rant: Know what I love about the gym?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member munkkeyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    1,325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    ...All the middle-aged 'weight jockeys' who think they own all the weight machines. And these aren't the REAL weight lifters who are actually muscular and in shape. These are the overweight dudes with receding hairlines who go to the gym every day, even though it appears to do nothing for them. See, they don't actually do any real exercise, they just like lifting heavy shit. They pick a machine, put it on the highest weight possible, then do 10 reps as fast as they possibly can - this way, they avoid any real resistance training, thus keeping their flabby pot bellies and man titties from ever disappearing. Then after one whole set, they get up and walk around the gym and talk to the other weight jockeys for a good 20 minutes or so about how they just lifted 8 billion pounds in the space of 9 seconds. Or, if they are feeling especially pumped, they'll just sit there on the machine talking to someone for half an hour.

    But GOD FORBID anyone else use the machine they want. They'll just hover in front of you and stare at you until you finish a set, then they'll try to "jump in real quick" for their awesome and impressive 5-second workout. And if you think about it, that makes sense: It's O.K. for YOUR workout to be interupted, but perish the thought that THEY should have to wait their fucking turn just like everyone else in the place.

    So the point of this story being that someone tried to "jump in" on the machine I was using today and I politely told him "no"; that I only had one more set to do. The motherfucker spent the next 10 minutes walking around whining and making sarcastic comments about it. I actually thought he might start crying or lift something really heavy in defiance. Who knows, he may have even tried to beat me up - and 'beating someone up' in his book would only actually consist of lifting me up and down 5 times really fast, then walking away like he just herniated a disc, then telling everyone how pumped he is.

    So yeah...who says exercise isn't fun??????

    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Why I don't go to the gym. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I bet the head would just pop right off if the bar came down while benching... especially with more weight. [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ June 12, 2006 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Dajistano ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member munkkeyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    1,325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I'd love to see one of them get decapitated...all the other pumped-up monkeys would be like, "Walk it off Jimmy! Walk it off! Good set, man! Good set!"

    That would be the point when I'd walk up to the spasming, headless body spewing blood from the neck lying on the bench and say, "Hey man, can I jump in??? Can I jump in????" [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Quikman's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    this is why we have a gym at work ...works like a charm [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think I could ever work out in public. Not with other people's sweat on the machines. [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Moviemaniac4's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    11,803
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Send them to hell....

    Some guys go arround me like sharks also to pressure for a machine....I just ignore the suckers......

  7. #7
    Inactive Member grail25's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    3,754
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I keep hearing those story about assholes in gyms, but in 6-7 years at the same gym I never had any problem like that.

    Actually it's not true, only once did someone ever told I coldn't share the machine with him, but the guy still has a mullet, so what did I expect? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member macabeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    2,180
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hit the gym at 5:00am (yeah, yeah, for all the talk of my expanded girth, I do try and make it smaller by going to the gym every now and again)

    Anyway, I go around 5:00am, well before the muscleheads wake up for the day.

    But I do share a very similar experience at another gym that motivated me to wake up earlier then most deem decent to go to this new gym.

    I was working out with free weights - which is THE muscleheads wheelhouse - and bench pressing. Some HGH filled, skullet headed moron came up and asked to "jump in" between my sets, grabbed the bar that I was benching with and tore off a handful of curls at breakneck speed staring at me doing his best Hulk Hogan impression the entire time and finishing the set with a rediculously loud "WOOOO!!!!" that caught the attention of everyone in the gym.

    Feeling like a complete pathetic puke with EVERYONE looking at me I got up, left the gym and never went back.

    The place I go now is more my speed. Even when I go later in the day the majority of the folks working out are pleasantly plump everyday folks just looking to be a little healthier.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Slytherin Snape's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2004
    Posts
    3,650
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Andyman:
    I don't think I could ever work out in public. Not with other people's sweat on the machines. [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's where I'm coming from. And even though people are supposed to wipe the machines down when they are done, from what I've seen almost no one actually does. Ick! [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

    Plus there's the fact that I'm just too f'ing lazy to work out if I have to leave the house and travel to get there. Thankfully we have a treadmill and a semi-decent array of free weights at the house. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...I can tolerate the pathetic tubby guys...its the the steroid-addled, "my already miniscule penis and testicles have atrophied to virtual non-existence, and I must therefore act super-duper macho to make up for it" idiots that bug me. Are any of them even straight? Do they even realize how genuinely pathetic they look with their various trackmarks and horrific back-acne?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •